Archive for the ‘mah favorite tings’ Category
|Music:||The Brian Jonestown Massacre-Love|
I’d hate for you to miss out on my YouTube videos from five months ago…
“What Bill [Burroughs] explained to me then was pivotal to the unfolding of my life and art: Everything is recorded. If it is recorded, then it can be edited. If it can be edited then the order, sense, meaning and direction are as arbitrary as the agenda and/or person editing. This is magick.”
Genesis Breyer P-Orridge
|Mood:||Ornery, dag nabit|
|Music:||Current 93-A Song For Douglas After He’s Dead|
Maybe I shouldn’t write in the mornings anymore. Usually, my first instinct is to complain about something that makes me mad or things that are stupid. But, I’m not really like that in person….honestly. I could attribute my righteous anger to the fact that I haven’t yet finished my coffee. Or, maybe it’s because I haven’t yet relaxed from this morning’s getting ready marathon (up at 6:30, didn’t have to play Fashion Show, hour-long commute, still five minutes late). Whatever the reason, ich habe Wut. To illustrate, today we’ll be using the time-honored bulleted list.
-You have my word that I will never, ever solicit the services of, nor force you to suffer through a “guest blogger.” This is my house and my journal. If I don’t feel like putting anything up, I won’t. I do not feel the need to constantly occupy the empty spaces with words and voices and I take a dim view of those that do (you have the low self-esteem). Sorry. See, I told you was ornery.
-I am officially sick of being single. Officially. I have no idea what to do about this (dating can be…complicated…even under the best of circumstances), but there it is. As long as this condition persists, I can promise you there will be some emo-type posts…maybe poetry…possibly some “find your soul-mate” online quizzes. If you’d rather that didn’t happen, introduce me to some very open-minded guys.
-The secret curse of blogging all the time is that everything becomes blogworthy, bloggable…blogistic? So, my internal monologue is like, “omg you guys, you’ll never believe what this guy said to me in line at the grocery store” all.the.time. Let’s all take a moment to thank whomever you wish that I edit myself. For instance, sometimes I use the restroom for purposes other than washing my hands. Write some intardnet fan fic about that one! So, if something odd slips past, sorry. I can’t help it.
-Healthy Choice frozen entree directions are TLDR and TCDF (too complicated, didn’t follow). To wit,
Ok, here are some observations:
1. So, I need to be making the film cover into an arts and crafts project what with all the selective cutting and slitting? No.
2. I don’t even know how to set our microwave at work for whatever time I want (don’t ask, it’s weird). So the best I can manage is POTATO which is like 2:45. And to this day, the Wattage rating of any microwave continues to hold almost no interest for me.
3. I don’t have time to be letting my food stand for any minutes, let alone two. Food is entirely too lazy and should not be encouraged.
4. Federal regulations prohibit the bringing of food thermometers and medieval swords to work, so I’m going to take my chances that the Microwave of Infinite Mystery did not let me down. Also, isn’t the food supposed to have been cooked already?
So, seriously you guys? Other than those minor complaints, I like the meals.
Wow, maybe I should have broken this post into a number of economy fun packs?
|Mood:||Oh, you know…|
|Music:||The American Analog Set-Punk As Fuck|
I told you I was inflammatory. Before you get all indignant and start sharpening a quill with which to write a venom-drenched harangue about how a young lady of a certain education level and social standing should utter neither the word “punk” nor “fuck” and certainly should never, under any circumstances whatsoever, entitle an Internetwork journal entry with both “words” at the same time if she wishes to continue to be held in the highest regard of polite society, just take it easy Lord Melbourne. I didn’t come up with the title (but it is awesome, thanks Melanie!) and it’s the title of a wonderful song that you should listen to today. Click here now!
See? It’s such a sweet and delicate, sad little song and it makes me feel good every time I hear it. I even set it as the ring tone for my cell phone. When a call comes in, it’s like my phone is whispering, “Pardon me miss, but you have a caller. Would you like to speak with them? I would be happy to take a message for you if you wish.” Most other ringtones are not as polite.
That’s it really. I’ve written a lot this week and I don’t feel like spending hours on another blog entry. The only other news is that I’m going to a trans discussion group meeting (whatever that is) tonight with a friend. This is my first support group-type meeting ever and my expectation is that it will be horrible and weird and dull and five kinds of awful. Regardless, I’ll spin the experience into bloggy gold for your reading pleasure at some point.
Ok, two more quick things…I was listening to music on the bus today and “Some Kinda Hate” by The Misfits came on. I have listened to that song prolly 600 times since hearing it for the first time in 1987 (or thereabouts). Sometimes I pay attention to lyrics and sometimes I don’t. I finally heard this…
The maggots in the eye of love won’t copulate
…for the first time today and it made me laugh and doubt my own powers of aural perception (which are mighty and terrible) for a moment. Really Glenn Danzig…really? I don’t know, it’s funny for like ten reasons, but feel free to pick one and have your own laugh.
Finally, here’s another piece of art that I love…
Isn’t that great? It’s cute and beautiful and filled with menace, death, rainbows, bears and blood spatter. Other than a teeny tiny unicorn, there is nothing more I require from fine art or illustration Most of their work is also amazing and you should really go see them sometime (click here to do my bidding)
K, one more, one more quick thing, I was doing a search for “woman puppy eye patch” (it’s none of your business) and Google showed me this…
It’s a kitty…with an eye patch! Awwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is all.
|Mood:||Calm and quiet|
|Music:||The Smiths-Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me|
Ok, here are two seemingly-random, animal-related events that happened to me this week.
1. Whilst taking my usual lunchtime constitutional (running/hiking up the 4 mile big hill loop) on Monday, I noticed a solitary deer’s leg laying next to the side of the road near the top of the hill. The leg was not attached to a deer or any other animal for that matter. It was all by itself like it had been gnawed off by some animal and discarded like it wasn’t delicious enough to finish. I’ve included the following picture to stir the imagination. There’s still time gentle reader! If we can find the poor limbless animal, maybe, via the terrible wonder of modern veterinary science, some sort of miraculous limb saving surgery could be performed at great expense.
2. Early this afternoon, a tiny bird flew into my office via an open window. I like to open my windows on nicer days and enjoy the earthy aromas and modern sounds of my wilderness-adjacent workplace. Today, I was rewarded with a frightening “nearly mortal attack” by one of nature’s most fiendish creatures. After nearly “attacking” me, the avian terror tried to fly back out through one of my other three windows. After a harrowing number of seconds, I was finally able to persuade the winged beast to depart from whence it came, post haste! Ok, jk. I have a flair for the dramatic though, no? The truth is a finch (I think) flew in my office and I was able to shoo it out by opening the window really wide. It was cute and looked really scared so I was glad to be able to help it out. Here’s a picture of a squirrel.
Still though, we’re, at times, uncomfortably close to wildlife here. I have seen a cougar (also known as a puma, mountain lion, or the #2 animal I’d rather not be eaten by. If you’re keeping score at home, #1 is bear and #3 is, oddly enough, a moose.) on the route I usually run. I see deer a lot (I was about 10 feet away from one on Tuesday) and I’ve heard that bears have been seen on campus. Maybe these are not unrelated events? Maybe they’re all trying to tell me something? Maybe I should stop making fun of them in blog posts and heed their tiny animal warning…whatever that may be?